Director of Sales (H/F)
The Director of Sales is primarily responsible for leading & driving top line revenue strategy for traditional sales related segments & catering. The individual is additionally responsible for staying ahead of market trends, market share movement and ongoing competitive hotel analysis, while directing the property sales teams (rooms & catering) to ensure budgeted revenues are met or exceeded.
The DOS should work closely with revenue management, public relations and marketing functions, to develop strategies to maximise REVPAR and grow market share for both Royal Savoy Hotel & Spa Lausanne and Schweizerhof Hotel & Spa Bern.
- Responsible for leading & driving top line revenue for traditional sales segments to include group, volume transient & catering.
- Assesses & reacts to market trends, market share & the competitive hotel environment.
- Strengthen The Bürgenstock Selection brand through the Sales Cluster.
- Act as the hotel's voice of the customer and communicate key issues/concerns at all levels of the organization.
- Fluent in reading/assimilating/using STR data, financial P&L, mix of sales, forecasting, group pace/position & a wide array of traditional hotel reporting.
- Ability to understand and communicate market trends, demand generators, supply/demand and economic factors affecting hotel performance.
- Conduct comprehensive competitive set reviews, SWOT analysis & keep tabs on new supply.
- Understand GEO source & ability to develop a plan to penetrate the primary markets.
- Develop/implement key segment strategy & managing key accounts (both existing & target).
- Design effective sales deployment schemes & market assignments.
- Develop sales goals designed to achieve budget & market share targets.
- Manage group pace measurement and set sales production goals.
- Manage sales activity & travel schedule.
- Produce monthly reports to analyse current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
- Raise the awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand locally as well as internationally in the respective key markets.
- Develop the sales team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create KPI's.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget, the hotel sales & marketing plan and business plan, and financial plans.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration
- At least 4 years' experience as a sales leader in Luxury Hotel business
- Experience dealing with/communicating with ownership groups and asset management.
- Proficient in managing/using sales automation & PMS systems.
- Experience working collaboratively with revenue management.
- Well rounded knowledge of all market segments and channel sources, as well as ability to develop a strategic plan for each.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to direct, lead, train, motivate & drive a direct sales team; and develop a cooperative & competitive team spirit & winning attitude.
- Must be proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines
We offer you the opportunity to participate in a unique professional experience in a dynamic environment where decision making is fast and efficient. A rich and exciting job in a prestigious establishment and the possibility to participate significantly in the success of the hotel by joining our team.
If you are interested and you fit the profile perfectly, please send us your complete file (CV, cover letter, work certificates and diplomas) by email to the following address: email@example.com
The Human Resources team
Royal Savoy Hotel Lausanne
Avenue d'Ouchy 40
+41 (0)21 614 88 45